How Do I Apply?
To apply, you must apply to both the WiscAd Program and St. Mary's University.
Step One: Apply Now to the WiscAd program
The following items will be needed to complete your WiscAd application:
- Cover letter identifying desired subject area,
- Resume detailing work experience,
- Transcripts (official transcripts required when you are admitted)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Teaching Verification form (click to get form - not required for Business Manager)
- Copy of current license
- SMU Student ID # (can be entered at a later date)
Step Two: To apply to St. Mary's University of Minnesota (SMU):
Before you begin the online SMU application:
- Official transcripts must be sent to SMU's Minneapolis office.
- 1-2 page personal statement of goals/background will need to be uploaded to the SMU application.
- Resume will need to be uploaded to the SMU application.
- You will need to include the email of two individuals who will submit a letter on your behalf.
To start the online SMU application:
- Go to smumn.edu/Apply
- Click Sign Up to create an account.
- You will be emailed a link to verify your SMU account.
- Begin the application by selecting the Graduate option.
- Scroll down to the Graduate School of Education option.
- Select M.A. in Education (Wisconsin)
- For "location of courses" choose "Regional Cohort"
- For "Campus Programs" or "Online Programs" --- choose "ON CAMPUS PROGRAM"
- Note: If you will be enrolled or are already enrolled in an eduCATE-WI (formerly Norda) program: Project Teaching, 10 Sped or WiscAd, please list this in your SMU application under your school history.
- Upon successful submission of your online SMU application, you will be emailed an 8 digit SMU Student ID.
- Please email your SMU Student ID to