You must apply to both the WiscAd Program and Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
The student must click the Apply Now button, create an account, and complete the online application to the WiscAd Program. The application to WiscAd includes special instructions and the link for you to apply to Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, so that you become dually enrolled in both programs.
Upon receipt of the online application materials to the WiscAd Program and Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, the student will be notified of the status of admittance via an email from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota and an email from WiscAd. A student is not admitted unless both programs have confirmed applications are complete. Upon successful submission of both applications, the student's tuition account will be set up through eduCATE-WI and the student will be emailed invoices. All tuition and fees are payable to eduCATE-WI. After eduCATE-WI receives the down payment, enrollment for the first semester in the WiscAd Program will be secured.
If the student is seeking financial aid, the online FAFSA can be completed while applying to the WiscAd Program/Saint Mary's University of Minnesota. To apply for Financial Aid, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and include the Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Code 002380. The financial aid application (if applicable) will be processed when you have successfully completed your Saint Mary's University of Minnesota application. Notification of financial aid takes 6-8 weeks after the student application is entered into the Saint Mary's University of Minnesota system. More information about the disbursement process can be found in your account. Please plan accordingly and apply early so that your financial aid is received by the time your tuition is due. Be sure to check your Saint Mary's University of Minnesota email account regularly. Once you receive the financial aid, you will use that to pay the invoices from eduCATE-WI.
What documents do I need to have ready to upload when I apply?
You will need to upload the following documents when you apply for the WiscAd program:
Please have the university where you attained your Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree either mail an official degree transcript to the eduCATE-WI office at 1482 St. Croix Ave. Suite 2, New Richmond, WI 54017 or send electronically through the university's parchment service to: email@example.com. Saint Mary's University of Minnesota will also need a copy of the Official Bachelor's degree transcript sent to them.
To apply to Saint Mary's University of Minnesota:
Before you begin the online Saint Mary's University of Minnesota application:
- Official transcripts must be sent to Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Minneapolis office. (Office of Admissions, Saint Mary's University, 2500 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404)
- 1-2 page personal statement of goals/background will need to be uploaded to the Saint Mary's University of Minnesota application.
- Resume will need to be uploaded to the Saint Mary's University of Minnesota application.
- You will need to include the email of two individuals who will submit a letter on your behalf.
To start the online Saint Mary's University of Minnesota application:
- Go to http://smumn.edu/apply and create a log in account.
- You will be emailed a link to verify your Saint Mary's University of Minnesota account.
- Begin the application by selecting the Graduate option.
- Scroll down to the Graduate School of Education, and pick M.A. in Education as the program department.
- When filling out the application, you will pick the specialization option of Custom Specialization for the courses offered with eduCATE-WI, and you will also be able to note if you are seeking a master's degree or are non degree seeking
- Note: If you will be enrolled or are already enrolled in an eduCATE-WI (formerly Norda) program: Project Teaching, 10 Sped or WiscAd, please list this in your Saint Mary's University of Minnesota application under your school history.
- After completing the application and submitting all documents, SMUMN will review your application for consideration. If accepted as a student, you will be emailed an 8 digit Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Student ID in the welcome message.
- Please email your Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadlines for each semester are located in the WiscAd Calendar