You must apply to both the WiscAd Program and St. Mary's University
The student must click the Apply Now button, create an account, and complete the online application to the WiscAd Program. The application to WiscAd includes special instructions and the link for you to apply to St. Mary's University, so that you become dually enrolled in both programs.
Upon receipt of the online application materials to the WiscAd Program and St. Mary's University, the student will be notified of the status of admittance via an email from St. Mary's University and an email from WiscAd. A student is not admitted unless both programs have confirmed applications are complete. Upon successful submission of both applications, the student's tuition account will be set up through eduCATE-WI and the student will be emailed invoices. All tuition and fees are payable to eduCATE-WI. After eduCATE-WI receives the down payment, enrollment for the first semester in the WiscAd Program will be secured.
If the student is seeking financial aid, the online FAFSA can be completed while applying to the WiscAd Program/St. Mary's University. To apply for Financial Aid, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and include the St. Mary's University Code 002380. The financial aid application (if applicable) will be processed when you have successfully completed your SMU application. Notification of financial aid takes 6-8 weeks after the student application is entered into the St. Mary's University system. More information about the disbursement process can be found in your account. Please plan accordingly and apply early so that your financial aid is received by the time your tuition is due. Be sure to check your SMU email account regularly. Once you receive the financial aid, you will use that to pay the invoices from eduCATE-WI.
What documents do I need to have ready to upload when I apply?
You will need to upload the following documents when you apply for the WiscAd program:
Please have the university where you attained your Bachelor's Degree either mail an official bachelor's degree transcript to the eduCATE-WI office at 228 Paperjack Drive, Suite 3A, New Richmond, WI 54017 or send electronically through the university's parchment service to: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMU will also need a copy of the Official Bachelor's degree transcript sent to them)
To apply to St. Mary's University of Minnesota (SMU):
Before you begin the online SMU application:
- Official transcripts must be sent to SMU's Minneapolis office. (Office of Admissions, Saint Mary's University, 2500 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404)
- 1-2 page personal statement of goals/background will need to be uploaded to the SMU application.
- Resume will need to be uploaded to the SMU application.
- You will need to include the email of two individuals who will submit a letter on your behalf.
To start the online SMU application:
- Go to smumn.edu/Apply
- Click Sign Up to create an account.
- You will be emailed a link to verify your SMU account.
- Begin the application by selecting the Graduate option.
- Scroll down to the Graduate School of Education option.
- Select M.A. in Education (Wisconsin)
- For "location of courses" choose "Regional Cohort"
- For "Campus Programs" or "Online Programs" --- choose "ON CAMPUS PROGRAM"
- Note: If you will be enrolled or are already enrolled in an eduCATE-WI (formerly Norda) program: Project Teaching, 10 Sped or WiscAd, please list this in your SMU application under your school history.
- Upon successful submission of your online SMU application, you will be emailed an 8 digit SMU Student ID.
- Please email your SMU Student ID to email@example.com
Application deadlines for each semester are located in the WiscAd Calendar