How Do I Apply?
To apply, you must apply to both the Project Teaching Program and St. Mary's University.
Step One: To apply send the following to or fax 888-510-2899:
- Cover letter identifying desired subject area
- Transcripts (official transcripts required if you are admitted).
Please send a copy of your substitute or emergency permit if you have one(this may be required if you are admitted).
We accept applications year-round for semesters beginning in January, May, and September.
Step Two: To apply to St. Mary's University of Minnesota (SMU):
Before you begin the online SMU application:
- Official transcripts must be sent to SMU's Minneapolis office.
- 1-2 page personal statement of goals/background will need to be uploaded to the SMU application.
- Resume will need to be uploaded to the SMU application.
- You will need to include the email of two individuals who will submit a letter on your behalf.
To start the online SMU application:
- Go to smumn.edu/Apply
- Click Sign Up to create an account.
- You will be emailed a link to verify your SMU account.
- Begin the application by selecting the Graduate option.
- Scroll down to the Graduate School of Education option.
- Select M.A. in Education (Wisconsin)
- For "location of courses" choose "Regional Cohort"
- For "Campus Programs" or "Online Programs" --- choose "ON CAMPUS PROGRAM"
- Note: If you will be enrolled or are already enrolled in an eduCATE-WI (formerly Norda) program: Project Teaching, 10 Sped or WiscAd, please list this in your SMU application under your school history.
- Upon successful submission of your online SMU application, you will be emailed an 8 digit SMU Student ID.
- Please email your SMU Student ID to
Applications for the semester beginning in May are due by May 1st.
Applications for the semester beginning in September are due by August 27th.
Applications for the semester beginning in January are due by January 2nd.