Foundations of Reading Test
The Wisconsin DPI has approved an alternate assessment for the Foundations of Reading Test for the Educate-WI 10 Sped Program. The alternate assessment is built into the required program coursework. Students who pass the course do not need to register and pay for the Foundations of Reading Test through Pearson. There is no additional cost for the FoRT Alternate Assessment when taken through the Educate-WI 10 Sped Program.
Help With the Foundations of Reading Test
- Test Framework and Study Guide
- Foundations of Reading Test Study Guide
- Free online course, offered through UW.
(UW enrollment is not required. Under "UW affiliation" - type "education.")
- Video - Chris Nicholas Boosalis
- Beating Them All! Thirty Days to Magic Score on Any Elementary Literacy Instruction Exam For Teacher Certification
by Chris Nicholas Boosalis. A good companion to his free YouTube lectures.
- Free Practice Test Appendix
- Free Flashcards: Foundations of Reading CT and MTEL: Foundations of Reading
- Free Study Guide
- Text Book: MTEL Foundations of Reading Exam Secrets Study Guide
- FORT Terms
Can put vocab words in the search engine for deeper understanding.
- Put Reading First
- Tips for Open Response Items
If you hold a lifetime license that does not have any stipulations, the FORT test is not required.